Monday, August 6, 2007

Glossary...

I love reading books, and ironically (I'm not giving excuses) I haven't read that many to call myself anything with books. But of the few that I have read, minute elements in them fascinate me. (Sometimes they aren't that minute.) And they become part of everyday thought. The veiled arch in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was one such thing. I dream about it occasionally. Also from the same book, I was deeply incensed by the idea of the Gubraithian Fire. Supposed to be everlasting. Of course, for this, I have my own interpretations. Rather, I would like to interpret it in some ways... Fire, in whatever little literature I've read seems to be commonly equated with anything intense (As it should be?). "With anger burning inside him like a raging fire". "All consuming hatred engulfed her senses like fire". "Burning loins"; and what not. I suppose I can do without hatred, and anger as well. But the idea of everlasting passion and ambition is definitely romantic. Especially for someone with far fetched dreams. So in the spirit of this romance, I sign off...

No comments: